Jan 01

Amparai elephant dies … having gulped down shopping bags

Amparai elephant dies … having gulped down shopping bags

The demise of the elephant which died at the Pallekadu Garbage Management Unit belonging to Amparai Addalavanai place had been caused as a end result of eating polythene together with other waste material, Veterinary Surgeon Nihal Pushpakumara of Eastern Province Wild Life Health Management Unit said.

This elephant aged about 10 years with a peak of about eight inches
had been observed collapsed within Pallekadu Garbage Management Unit in a sickly situation final 23rd and used to be treated for 2 days and the Veterinary Surgeon had informed that no wound or injury was once detected from outside. He further noted that this in poor health elephant had died by means of twenty eighth and what was once determined at the put up mortem was once that its belly was discovered loaded with waste material. He pointed out that hence poisonous cloth are delivered and dumped there and such matters involuntarily are fed on and consequently toxic resources too should enter their bodies.

He then referred to that parts of plant lifestyles are to be considered in the alimentary canal of a wild elephant; but where this elephant was concerned, no such plant life were to be observed. Wild elephants hovering round Amparai Buddhagala Garbage Management Unit and elephants round Pallekadu Garbage Management Unit are thus exposed to this risk. He ultimately cited that the cause for deaths of a large quantity of wild elephants around these areas is the result of feeding on garbage.

blog-post_31
blog-post_31

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *